Valloire Ski resort
Welcome to Valloire, at the foot of the famous Col du Galibier and Telegraphe, you will discover an authentic charming Village StationWebcam
Valloire is the most "central" resort in the French Alps. It is situated on the edge of the southern French Alps, bordering North of the Southern Alps, halfway between East and West.
Although very southern, the climate in Valloire is still closer to that of Savoy than in the High Alps.
Ski map Galibier-Thabor Ski Area
The ski area Galibier - Thabor is composed of 89 ski slopes over 150 km for all levels, it includes both resorts of Valloire and Valmeinier.Download Ski map
Ski resort access Valloire - Savoie
By the road: highway A43 exit Saint Michel de Maurienne + D902 on 17 km by the Télégraphe. Provide the special equipment in case of snowfall.
By the train: rail station of Saint Michel – Valloire (17 km) – direct TGV Paris – St Michel – Valloire (4 h 30), Saturdays and Sundays of the winter holidays. Or, a direct correspondence via Chambéry – St Michel de Valloire, everyday
Informations : www.voyages-sncf.com
By the bus : Saint Michel de Maurienne/Valloire, everyday
Infos et résas sur www.mobisavoie.fr
By the plane: airport shuttles every Saturday from and to the airports of Chambéry and Lyon.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE PARENTS
- give to the instructor every important information about your child
- think to give to your children the warm cloths, woolen cap, mittens, sun glasses or a ski mask, handkerchiefs, sun cream and something for the tea snack
- check with the instructor or with the personnel of the office if your kid needs to have the ski sticks for his lesson
- the helmet is obligatory for the children and highly recommended for the adults; the wrist protections are recommended for the snowboarders
- be sure please that your child has his ski pass with him
- encourage your child to tell to the instructor if he needs to go to the toilet
- respect the hours of the beginning and of the end of the lessons, please, as well as the meeting place. If it is possible, try to find the meeting place in advance
- please, don’t change the level of the lessons on your own, only the instructors have the skills to do it. Trust their experience and their professionalism.
- we advise you to not fallow your child and to not distract his attention during his lesson, for their own interest of learning
- invite your children to listen the recommendations of their instructor
- it is better to book the lessons some months in advance so you can choose the hours and days of lessons and the level which is the best for you, especially during the winter holidays.
- visit our FAQ for more information
Thank you for the comprehensive understanding and for the cooperation in apply and respect of those recommendations.